A Bolt From The Blue

A little over a week ago .. Rob got a phone call from Samaritan's Purse asking if he knew anyone who would be interested in being Country Director of their work in Pakistan. He said that he might be interested in the job. On being told that he should send an email to the regional director .. Rob decided that he wouldn't think about it unless the regional director contacted him. Thus began a series of happenings that reminded Kristin of Gideon. Every time Rob would decide that some condition had to be met for him to consider the job .. the condition was met. So last night Rob accepted the position .. he expects to be leaving to start work on Sept. 16 .. he will be home for Christmas .. then in January I will join him. It is all somewhat overwhelming .. yet we feel that it is where we are supposed to be.

So our year of being together as a family has come to an end .. Mich was dropped off in Calgary on the weekend .. Rob leaves in less than two weeks .. Kris, Erin and I will be holding down the fort here for the next few months .. then I spin off as well. The blessing is that .. unlike in 1984 when we left for India .. the internet has made contact as easy as phoning the person next door. This we will be depending on .. as the pain of separation begins.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well you two...I cannot believe this! I just hope you are posted in Islamabad...it will be just like olden days!
Keep us posted...I can only imagine you are flying low. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help...and know we will be praying and are excited as can be.
Where is Mich in Calgary? We visit there frequently...would love to connect with her...although I have to say...the time for us is getting a bit busy as well!
Bless you as you make so many adjustments....once again!
Hugs...brenda for all
Donna said…
Thanx Brenda. Rob was going to call but then he thought meeting you in Islamabad would be kind of funny. We look forward to being there with you.
Love,
Donna

Popular Posts