I Am Not Fifty Yet
I am taking stock of my life now that I am going over to the other side of the hill .. what really is there to show for my existence .. have I made a difference anywhere? I am hoping so ..
BUT .. I also think that it is time to thank those who have made a difference in my life: My husband, Rob .. who has made me know what unconditional love is. My daughters .. who show me each day how totally blessed am I to have them in my life. My father .. who was there for me when I needed him. My mother .. who has given unselfishly of herself each day of my existence. My brothers and sisters .. who made growing up an adventure and who make the word family the most positive word in my vocabulary. My nieces and nephews .. who were wonderful living dolls but who now are people I am proud to have in my life. My husband's family .. who are simply the brothers and sisters who came into my life a little later. My cousins .. who make me laugh. My friends .. who have been with me in some of the lonely places in my life. I thank you all from the bottom of my aging heart .. you have made this life worth living!

Comments
ONE QUESTION, HOW DID WE ALL GET SO OLD SO FAST? SEEMS LIKE YESTERDAY WE WHERE ALL VISITING IN YOUR DADS SHOEMAKER SHOP.
ONE MORE QUESTION, HOW COME TIME FLIES SO FAST AS WE GET OLDER? I CAN HARDLY GET LUNCH CLEANED UP AND IT"S SUPPER TIME.NOW YOU KNOW HOW OLD I AM, EH?
BUT REALLY I WANT YOU TO KNOW HOW I LOVE YOUR BLOG AND CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT DAY TO SEE IF THERE'S SOMETHING NEW. JUST IN CASE I DON'T GET TO IT TOMORROW A VERY HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY TO YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU REALLY GOOD.
I LOVE YOU LOTS, COUSIN EL
This side of 50 isn't that bad either. :)
I can't wait to visit with you in Tank or Islamabad...who'd have ever thought??? We live in Canada and can't manage a visit...have to go to the other side of the world!
Let me know what Mich is up to in Calgary won't you?
Blessings...brenda