Now I Am Fifty .. Whoa .. Half A Century Under My Belt

Half a century ago my dear sweet Mama went into the Royal Alex in Edmonton .. and when she came out she brought me with her. This brought much dismay to my sister, Anne, who up till that point was telling people that Mom was just fat. I realize that another baby must have seemed a bit much after twins in the family .. but I think that people would have missed out had I not been born .. after all .. it was my husband who introduced most of the family to the glories of curry and chai. This is something that would have been sadly missed. From where I am sitting this morning .. fifty feels just about exactly how forty-nine felt. Although it may be that I am not discerning enough to notice the difference. Actually .. fifty feels a lot like forty did .. and like thirty did before that. Each one is considered a milestone .. but I can't say I've ever felt like I am getting older .. my body tells me I am .. but .. my mind seems to go on the way it always has .. somewhat scattered and enjoying the people around me. For those looking on there may be some noticeable differences.

Aside from being bug-eyed now that I am fifty .. and of course a little bit of difference in the hair color .. I'm not seeing a radical change here. Thus far .. there is nothing of note .. it is possible that as the day wears on .. I will notice something .. I will keep you posted.

Comments

Popular Posts