Rain
We have been having rain for several days now .. not a glorious downpour with thunder and lightning .. but sort of a drizzle, drizzle, phht, phht .. that keeps the day rather too cool and the mud fresh on the driveway. For couple of days I decided to give in to the rain and enjoy it .. I planned soup for supper to warm us up .. and wouldn't you know .. the sun came out at suppertime .. we could have had a blooming BBQ.
In other parts of the world .. like Uganda here in the picture .. when the rain comes it means business. The sound on the roof can make conversation impossible .. especially if the roof is tin. When the girls were in Malaysia .. they could see the wall of rain coming in off the ocean and would try to run ahead of it to get to class without getting wet. It is hard to believe that one can miss the rain but .. once you have lived with that kind rain .. you miss it. People even write songs about it .. like Toto whose song has the lyrics - "I bless the rains down in Africa". We miss the rain .. but that is something I'm looking forward to once we hit Pakistan.

Comments
thank you for visiting me
We had our commissioning service today...are off in just a little over 2 weeks. Hard to believe.
Lots and lots of mixed emotions!
I love your site...warms my heart. You are one gifted lady!
Blessings to you....b