Here Comes The Judge

As we grew .. being younger than Ken .. our worlds were quite separate. He was the oldest one at home. At our house this meant being served pancakes right after Dad .. getting the cheatabellies before we little ones did. It also meant work outside with the animals and around the farm. Once we got to the city .. I don't know just exactly what work there was .. I was too busy in my own world to notice what the old ones were doing.
I have a particular memory of Ken that I cherish. In 1979 .. our family had a reunion to fix up a few things at the farm for Mom & Dad .. it was then that the plumbing went into the house. Kristin was 3 weeks old at the time .. I went to Rich Valley with her .. Rob couldn't come until the weekend. One night after people had gone their separate ways .. Ken was still around doing some work. Kristin was very colicky .. and she was very upset .. I was walking around the yard trying to calm her down when Ken came up and asked what he could do to make it better. Mom said Kris needed gripe water .. I didn't have the clue .. I just needed her to quit crying. Ken got in his car and went to look for gripe water .. I am not sure how far he drove .. but it was a long way .. he looked in several places until he found it .. I believe he found it in Spruce Grove .. and brought it back. That is a part of the kindness that is the essence of this brother of mine.
So we are proud of our brother who is now a judge .. as if in some way we are responsible for who he has become. As he celebrates this accomplishment .. we celebrate with him .. and wish him all that is good in the future.

Comments