The Big Freeze

Christmas is done for another year .. it was a wonderful time with family! It has been a restful holiday for me once I had Christmas dinner prepped and it was eaten.   We definitely had a white Christmas this year.  Plenty of snow and the temperature has been cooler than I am loving it .. right now it is -17 C but the wind chill is taking it well below -20 C.  At least we have no fear of forest fires at the moment .. that is always a big plus!

The view from my office window right now.

Two of the sons-in-law have made skating rinks in their backyards that the kids are enjoying.  Puzzles have been made and gifts taken out to enjoy.  I made the seven grandkids aprons this year and I wrote family recipes in cookbooks for them.  I learned that writing out a recipe seven times is not habit forming .. next year I will make gifts that don't require handwriting.  It was a pleasant surprise when our grandkids' other grandparents agreed to write in some of their family recipes as well. So the recipe books contain memories from all their grandparents.

Five Reversible Aprons for the Grandgirls and Two with Leather Straps for the Grandboys.

We are looking forward to lazer bowling on New Years Eve.  Our granddaughter, Taylor, tells me that it is very exciting!  I will see for myself just how exciting it is.  We try to do an event each Christmas that includes all of the in-law families as well .. this will be it.  It is good for the grandkids to see all of their people enjoying each other.

Comments

Popular Posts